Destiny Link - Redesign






This here is a redesign of the famous game character, Link from Legend of Zelda, in an attempted combination of Zelda and Destiny.

Bellow you will find the Progress and the workflow I followed in order to create this redesign.





Workflow of the Design
It's pretty simple, now that I'm trying to find a workflow I think that's a good way to go about it.
- I start with a simple block out sketch in my small sketchbook, and then photograph it (if you have a scanner it works better) so i can use it as a guide for my idea, usually I sketch about 3-4 variations to find what fits my needs.

- Lasso tool around the silhouette of the design so I can fill it with gray, so I can work in grayscale at first and then introduce colors. Usually this serves for me to understand the kind of contrast I want in the design.

TIP: Using a big variety of greys, ranging from deep black (aka. #000) to Bright White (aka ‪#fff‬), is very good and pleasant to the eye.

- Then after I have brought in some details, I use a gradient map to introduce color to the design, careful because this is a technique that it might require some erasing after application, mostly for the whites.

- Adding up finishing details (which they usually take an awful lot of time).

- Applying some Lens Distortion to give it a more "analog" feel. and some Noise texture, produced with the noise filter as offered by Adobe Photoshop.
All this is done inside Adobe Photoshop. I hope this insight of my workflow helps you in any way. I look forward to hear if you implement it in your designs and if yes did it work for you?
Share on Google Plus

About Matthew Tsirides

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.